5 simple steps to keep you PC running smooth and fast
(Based on the How to Speed up your computer site)
and Adware removal (Monthly or so)
Basically, install Ad-aware and make sure its spyware definitions are up-to-date by clicking the globe icon on the top right and following the prompts.
- Keep Spyware definitions up-to-date by clicking the globe icon on the top right and follow the prompts to update.
- Do a full system scan.
- AFAIK, it's safe to delete everything that appears in the scan results.
- Virus Removal (Monthly or so)
I'd recommend the free AntiVir Personal Edition.
+ run it in the background ("background checking in installation options??)
- To download, click on the Download button on the left, then click the "AntiVir logo" on the page to start the download.
- To grab the latest Virus definitions file, click "antivir.vdf" link on the
- Follow the instructions to download from within the program (clicking the "2 connected computers" icon.
- or manually download the definitions file and overwrite the current file.
- Speed up your computer Part 3 - Clear Startup Group
- Speed up your computer Part 4 - Run Defrag
- Speed up your computer Part 5 - Run Scandisk
- Speed up your computer Part 6 - Free Software
- Speed up your computer Part 7 - Update Windows and Drivers